Friday 18 November 2016

the saying 'no' strategy


So often heard:
  • " I am having a lot on my plate' (personally) 
  • " we are 'having a lot on our plate' (as a group/organisation)
followed by, 
  • "so I/we now say 'no' to just about everything'

It sets of all my alarm bells as being a risky business.

This approach may on a short term seem a good idea, to survive the stress of getting all the tasks done that are now on your plate.
On the long(er) term, this is NOT a sustainable wellbeing supporting information and energy management strategy!

In my experience, saying ' no' to just about everything, as a surviving strategy of ‘what is now’ , is saying 'no' to living life.

This is not a at all a plea to say ‘yes’ to things you really don’t want to say ‘ yes’ to!
Also not a plea on thoughtlessly piling 'yes-things' onto your plate, in a linair (stacking them up) way, whatever falls of, falls of......

It is a plea to keep consciously assessing, BOTH what is now on your plate, AS WELL AS any new appealing opportunities arising (here, now).

Replacing the question,
“What shall I say ‘no’ to?”,
with
“I wonder how I can harmonise all the things I like to say yes to’,
opens up the co-creative re-arranging powers of you and the ‘Universe’.

Feel fully free to not choose following up on this advise.
I am honouring my highest truth.
If I am aware of someone walking into a direction, known to me to hold severe wellbeing threatening risks, I will bring the information of what I know to work better, to their attention.
One cannot choose what one is not aware of.
All within the context of knowing that all people have full freedom of choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment